It's easy to feel overwhelmed. You start out with a few charged
purchases, but then you just pay minimums for a few months,
and all of a sudden it seems your credit card balance has
spiraled out of control.
There's no shame in getting help. Just as you go to a doctor
for medical guidance, you should seek the assistance of a
professional debt counselor to help you resolve debt issues.
Debt counseling can help you with the following:
- Avoid bankruptcy, foreclosure, and repossession.
- Deal with judgements and payroll garnishments.
- Stop collection agencies from harassing you.
- Fix problems on your credit report.
- Negotiate with creditors.
- Settle debts for less than owed.
- Buy a house, car, or land with bad debt.
- Deal with back taxes owed.
- Deal with credit fraud and identity theft .
Go to Debt Counselors of America (www.dca.org)